Are you gay and married? Or perhaps you think you might be? Perhaps you're not gay, but you find yourself noticing other men? Or perhaps you're married and you look at gay porn? Or perhaps you're married and are confused about your sexuality? If you identify with any or all of the statements above... Read More »
Back on Track provides a small but powerful glimpse into the effects of, and recovery process from, child sexual abuse. One of the greatest challenges facing victims is the fear of letting anyone know ... of expressing themselves. They can sometimes remain isolated for many years. The journey... Read More »
I've heard a number of gay men say that they'd like a deeper connection with other gay men, and yet the man in their life doesn't seem to be able to communicate effectively when it comes to feelings, emotions, experiences, etc. At the same time I've heard many gay men say that they often feel... Read More »
This is a great article that I came across about being a Gay Dad by Peter Depp. Sourced from: The Huffington Post I'm a dad. I am also gay man. Or, as society has labeled me, a "gay dad." I find it incredibly amusing how the simple placement of one word in front of another word... Read More »
Welcome to Gay Menstuff
Finding a counsellor or coach can often be a huge hurdle in itself, often at those times when we may find ourselves facing our greatest challenges. Concerns about confidentiality and trust can often be present, which means you may not always want to ask someone you know for a referral. You also want to ensure that the coach or counsellor that you choose has experience working with gay, bi & curious men and young men, has professional training, is a member of relevant professional associations and operates with a high level of integrity and professionalism.
Counselling and Coaching can be powerful ways to find a solution.
Because of the way that society often functions many gay, bi or curious men may have never learnt how to seek help, or to deal with the layers of thoughts and feelings that arise when they feel stressed or challenged.
At Gay Menstuff you do not need to have any experience with coaching or counselling, or even be able to fully understand your situation. We can help you to explore what is happening and find a way forward ... find a solution ... possibly one that you may have not even considered.
But YOU do have a choice. YOU can choose to invest in your own wellbeing and in the wellbeing of those in your life. YOU can choose to find assistance to help get things back on track.
How to Choose a Coach or Counsellor
It is very important that you choose to work with a coach or counsellor that you can relate to and who you feel can help you.
When looking for a coach or counsellor it is useful to consider the following:
• Are they qualified? Have they trained as a coach or counsellor?
• Do they understand issues that gay, bi and curious men face? And do they have experience working with gay, bi & curious men?
• Are they a member of a professional association? Professional associations usually require high levels of training and/or experience, have a code of conduct to ensure their members operate in a professional manner, ensure that their members have professional insurance, and most importantly that members are involved in ongoing training and professional development
• Do they have experience working with the kinds of issues that you want to see them about?
• What sort of framework or techniques do they use? Do they just offer a ‘talking’ service or are they able to use other techniques such as body-oriented processes? Do they just work with the mind or do they work with all parts of you – your mind, your body, your emotional and spiritual aspects too?
• Do you feel comfortable with them?
• Do you feel you can trust them to talk about your stuff?
• Do you have an opportunity to talk to them before deciding to buy their services?
Gay Menstuff Coaching and Counselling Can Assist Gay, Bi & Curious Men & Young Men With:
Gay, Bi & Curious Issues such as:
• Questions about your sexual identity/orientation
• Coming Out
• Gay Parenting
• Homophobia, Bullying & Abuse
• Married and Gay/Bi/Curious
• Gay Relationship/Couples Counselling
• Being Gay in a Straight World
• Fitting In (Or Not Fitting In) to the 'gay lifestyle'
Creating a Meaningful Life:
• Achieving Your Potential
• Understanding What is Holding You Back
• Work-Life Balance
• Better Relationships
• Increasing your sense of wellbeing and reducing stress
• Teenagers emerging into manhood
Challenging Behaviours and Feelings such as:
• Feeling Stuck or Out of Control in Your Life
• Feeling Like Something is Missing in Your Life
• Depression and Anxiety
• Feeling stressed
• Risky Behaviour
Addictions or Compulsive Behaviours such as
• porn or sex addictions
• substance addiction, substance abuse, drug abuse, drug dependency
• alcohol addiction, alcoholism
• gambling problems or gambling addiction
• gaming addiction
• internet/online addiction such as chatroom addiction, facebook addiction, Grindr addiction, online gaming addiction, etc.
Major life transitions such as:
• Relationship Breakdown & Separation
• Mid-life Transitions
• Losing Your Job
Other Issues such as:
• Victims of abuse
• Issues at Work
• Loss and Grief